Why use the Lean Canvas – Redesigned?
Your business model, optimized for Lean Startup.
This canvas is an effort to continuously improve the usability, effectiveness and UX of the original Lean Canvas. Just like your business, tools should be improved, up-to-date and reinvented.
The Lean Canvas has helped millions of people around the world design better businesses. Just like your business, tools should be improved, up-to-date and reinvented. That’s why we developed a sketch database and design principles to help organizations do this. The Lean Canvas Redesigned is our effort to continuously improve the usability, effectiveness and UX of the business model canvas. We aligned the design with how our clients and users collaborate and communicate with the Lean Canvas.
- 30% larger building blocks at the smallest bottlenecks
- 11% more space for your thoughts by merging the header and footer
- All building block sizes are better balanced
- No more thinking inside boxes, an open design reflects the connectedness of choices
- Sketches tell the story and links between all parts of your Business Model
- Interactive tooltips show the questions you need to ask, only if you need this. No more clutter of text, more space for your thoughts
- Free to download and use in offline workshops
- Free to use in online workshops on Creatlr
This template has interactive tutorial tooltips. Hover over the quotes in the online workshop environment and discover what questions to ask at every building block.
- Problem – List your top 1-3 problems.
Existing Alternatives – List how these problems are solved today.
- Customer Segments – List your target customers and users.
Early Adopters – List the characteristics of your ideal customers
- Unique Value Proposition – Single, clear, compelling message that states why you are different and worth paying attention.
High-level Concept – List your X for Y analogy e.g. Youtube = Flickr for videos
- Solution – Outline a possible solution for each problem.
- Channels – List your path to customers (inbound or outbound)
- Key Metrics – List the key numbers that tell you how your business is doing.
- Unfair Advantage – Something that cannot easily be bought or copied.
- Revenue Streams – List your sources of revenue
- Cost Structure – List your fixed and variable costs.
This tool is designed to help you with following challenges.
TIP: to help you ‘think’, select the challenges that apply to your case.
Your business model on one page A more intuitive way to talk to investors, clients and team members Understand & improve your business model Structure your thoughts, create better business models Find out why your strategy isn’t working
How? The tool!
This template is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.